Active Lungs Walking Group
What is Active Lungs Walking Group?
Our Active Lungs Walking Group is a totally FREE initiative that provides an opportunity for people with lung diseases to meet regularly and work together to achieve their daily exercise goals! Increasing your daily steps plays a huge role in strengthening your lungs. However we understand that this is easier said than done. Active Lungs Walking Group provides a supportive environment for all and there is no payment, no obligations, no testing, no requirements, no nothing. Just turn up, have fun and enjoy the walk.
How far do I need to be able to walk?
There is no minimum or maximum distance. Some of our walkers can only walk 15 meters, others can walk 1500 meters. Our walking group is not a competition and you can walk any distance at your own speed. All that we care about is that you're out and about and getting active!
How do I get involved?
Just turn up! No bookings needed.
- Where: Corrimal Surf Club
- When: TBA - please email us at email@example.com to register your interest
- Why: because being active is good for us all!
- What to bring: bring some water, a hat and smile
- This is a social walking group and no formal medical assessments/testing will be undertaken - any people who are concerned about their ability to participate should make an appointment with their GP or physiotherapist prior to attending
- You do not have to have a lung condition to attend however the class is based as a social exercise group for this population